Commercial State Bank is an independent, locally owned and managed bank located at 519 East Broadway in Wausa, Nebraska. Wausa is located near the southeast corner of Knox County, which is in northeast Nebraska. Our bank was chartered on November 30, 1925, when the Department of Trade and Commerce, Bureau of Banking, signed by Governor Adam McMullen issued the charter. In December 1925, the assets and liabilities of the old Commercial National Bank were purchased. Although several interior and exterior remodeling projects have occurred since that time, the location at the corner of Broadway and Hampton has continued to be the bank corner to the present day.
In August 1996, the Commercial State Bank opened a Loan Production Office located at 720 Central Avenue, in Nebraska City, Nebraska. On January 2, 2002, a Loan Production Office was opened located at 1503 Galvin Road, Bellevue, Nebraska. In May 2007, the Commercial State Bank opened a Loan Production Office located at 1908 Binfield Street, Suite #1, Elkhorn, Nebraska. In September 2007, the Nebraska CIty Loan Production Office was converted into a branch bank and moved into their new building located at 617 Central Avnue, Nebraska City, Nebraska.
Six presidents have served the bank since 1925. They include:
- A.H Banks (1925 - 1931)
- Mrs. A. H. Banks (1931 - 1945)
- B. F. Banks (1945 - 1957)
- N. T. Tieman (1957 - 1970)
- G. E. Gunderson (1970 - 1993)
- Doug Johnson (1993 - present).
Commercial State Bank is FDIC insured and regulated by the FDIC and the Nebraska Department of Banking. Commercial State Bank is a member of the Nebraska Bankers Association, Independent Community Bankers Association, and the American Bankers Association.